Changing Connected App Tokens
Salesforce Connected App allows Veeam Backup for Salesforce to authenticate with Salesforce and get access to resources that will be protected. You can create the Connected App in any Salesforce organization. To learn how to create the Connected App, see this Veeam KB article.
During the initial configuration, you are prompted to provide the Connected App OAuth tokens that further used by Veeam Backup for Salesforce for the authentication process. However, you can change these tokens later in the Veeam Backup for Salesforce Web UI.
After you change the Connected App tokens, you must re-authorize all connections to Salesforce organizations added to Veeam Backup for Salesforce. Otherwise, all backup and restore operations will fail.
To re-authorize connections to Salesforce organizations, either navigate to Configuration > Salesforce > Salesforce Orgs and edit connections as described in Editing Organizations, or navigate to Backup, launch the Edit Backup Policy wizard for each created backup policy, and follow instructions provided in Step 2. Configure Connection to Salesforce Organization.
To change the OAuth tokens, do the following:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Salesforce > Connected App.
- Click Change Connected App Tokens. The Confirm Operation window will open. Click Proceed to acknowledge the operation.
- Specify the type of the Salesforce organization where your Connected App is created.
- Use the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret fields to provide the tokens obtained when creating the app.
- Click Connect.
If you have created a new Connected App, mind the following: