Configuring Administrator Account Settings
To change the login and password of the administrator account with access to the Veeam Backup for RHV web console, do the following:
- At the main panel of the web console, click and select Appliance Settings.
- In the Appliance Settings view, open the Security tab.
- In the Login field, enter the account name. You can specify a new account name. The login must meet the following requirements:
- The login must contain only letters and digits.
- The login must not match the Linux system user accounts (root, daemon, etc.).
- In the Old password field, enter the current password for the administrator account.
- In the New password field, assign a new password for the administrator account.
- In the Confirm new password field, enter the new password again.
- Click Apply to save the settings. The web console updates login name automatically.
If you change the administrator account credentials specified in the Veeam Backup & Replication console, you must also update the credentials in the RHV appliance settings.