Accessing Veeam ONE Client
To access Veeam ONE Client:
- Log on to the machine where Veeam ONE Client is installed.
- From the Microsoft Windows Start menu, choose Veeam ONE Client.
- In the authentication window, specify the FQDN or IP address of a server where the Veeam ONE Server component runs and enter the credentials of the account used to connect to Veeam ONE Client. To connect using credentials of the account under which you are logged on to the machine, select the Log in as current user check box.
The user account must either:
- Be a member of the Veeam ONE Administrators or Veeam ONE Read-Only Users group. For more information on user groups, see section Security Groups of the Veeam ONE Deployment Guide.
Members of the Power User group can also access the Veeam ONE Client, but receive only the Read-Only role.
- Have permissions assigned to objects in the vCenter Server or VMware Cloud Director inventory hierarchy. For more information on assigning permissions to objects, see Veeam ONE Multi-Tenant Monitoring and Reporting.
This prerequisite applies to the VMware vSphere platform only.
- Click Connect.
- If Veeam ONE is configured to display a consent banner, read the banner content and click I Agree.
For more information on configuring consent banner, see Banners.
To create a shortcut for the connection, click Save Shortcut. You can create one shortcut for every Veeam ONE server. The server name will be saved after the first successful login.
If you want to save credentials for a connection in a shortcut, you must agree to save these credentials in the Windows Credentials Manager.
Other Ways to Access Veeam ONE Client
To gain a faster access to Veeam ONE Client, you can launch it without providing user credentials in the authentication window.
- To launch Veeam ONE Client under the account of a user that is currently logged to the machine, in the command shell call the Monitor.exe file that resides in the installation directory and pass the /currentuser parameter. For example:
"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Monitor Client\Monitor.exe" /currentuser
- To launch Veeam ONE Client with explicit user credentials, in the command shell call the Monitor.exe file that resides in the installation directory and pass the /username and /password parameters. For example:
"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Monitor Client\Monitor.exe" /username tech\john.smith /password PaSSw0rd
You can save this set of commands as a Windows shortcut and use it to quickly access Veeam ONE Client.