Dash and Hyphen
A hyphen (-) is a punctuation mark that is used to join words or parts of words only. To type a hyphen, press the hyphen (minus) key on the keyboard.
An em dash (—) is a punctuation mark that can be used to replace parentheses or a colon to create emphasis in your writing. To type an em dash, press [Alt+0+1+5+1]. Use spaces both before and after an em dash.
An en dash (–) is a punctuation mark that is used to indicate intervals of time or ranges of numbers. To type an en dash, press [Alt+0+1+5+0]. Do not use spaces neither before nor after an en dash.
- The proxy appliance is responsible for job management and scheduling, data compression and deduplication, applying retention policy settings to backup chains, and performing other restore-related activities.
- This section provides step-by-step instructions on how to install the solution.
- Veeam ONE enables real-time monitoring, business documentation and management reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- The backup server performs main management operations — it coordinates backup and replication jobs, and controls job scheduling and resource allocation. [emphasis]
- By default, synchronization takes place every 2–3 hours. [interval]
- To configure VM recovery options, follow the instructions for steps 4C–4G provided in section Creating Failover Plans. [range]
- 192.168.0.2 is the second IP address in the range 192.168.0.1–192.168.0.255, while 192.168.0.3 is the third address in that same range. [range]