Writing in understandable language means that you must adhere to the following rules:
- Use technical terms only if you have introduced them earlier. After you introduce a term, use the same term consistently throughout the document.
- Do not use meaningless words that may imply that you have no idea what you are talking about. These words are: corresponding, correspondingly, relatively, accordingly and respectively.
Under certain circumstances, these words could be appropriate. But most of the time, they are not. Furthermore, you can either easily drop such a word from the sentence or replace it with a much more frequently used word. Also, consider rewriting the whole sentence so it reads better.
- Do not use meaningless introductory phrases.
- Avoid pretentious words that can make your text confusing.
as a means of / for the purpose of / in order to / so as to
in the event that / should it appear that
at the present time
now / currently
at a later date
begin / start
until / now
- To modify settings, enter the corresponding parameters with new values.
To modify settings, specify new values for the required/necessary parameters.
- It has fewer problems and correspondingly requires less maintenance.
It has fewer problems and thus requires less maintenance.
- As described earlier in this guide, you must configure connections to your Veeam Backup & Replication servers to allow DR orchestration.
To allow DR orchestration, you must configure connections to your Veeam Backup & Replication servers.