To draw attention to auxiliary information that does not otherwise fit in the main text, use notices. Notices can include general notes, limitations, hints, important details and warnings.
You can use the following types of notices:
- Note — provides supplementary details on issues that do not affect users directly.
- Tip — provides helpful information that has a practical meaning but may not be obvious to users.
- Important — provides essential details that could affect users in any way.
Use notices with caution; too many notices in one topic can make things messy and difficult to read. If you have several notices of the same type, try merging them together or adding some of them to the main text.
Example 1 (Note)
To change the processing order for VM groups included into an orchestration plan:
- Log in to the VAO UI as a VAO Administrator or Plan Author. For details, see Accessing VAO UI.
- Navigate to Orchestration Plans.
- Select the plan and click Manage > Edit.
- On the Edit Plan page:
- In the Plan Groups column, select a VM group.
- To move the group up or down the list, use the Up and Down arrows in the Plan Groups column.
- To save changes made to the plan settings, click Save.
By design, every orchestration plan contains 2 default groups — Pre-plan steps and Post-plan steps. These groups include plan steps that run before and after the recovery process. You cannot change the processing order for the Pre-plan steps and Post-plan steps groups, but you can add and remove steps for these groups. For more information, see Overriding VM Recovery and Protection Settings.
Example 2 (Tip)
To modify the list of credentials available for a scope:
- Log in to the VAO UI as a VAO Administrator. For details, see Accessing VAO UI.
- Switch to the Administration tab.
- Navigate to Plan Components > Credentials.
- Select the scope.
- Click the Scopes link.
- In the Change Scope window, select a check box next to the required scope, and click Apply.
- Select check boxes next to the necessary accounts, and click Include or Exclude.
You can simultaneously edit the list of plan components available for multiple scopes. To do that, select check boxes next to the required scopes in the Change Scope window. After you click Include or Exclude, the changes will be applied to all the selected scopes at the same time.
Example 3 (Important)
This step verifies that Microsoft Exchange services are running on the selected VM.
- To allow the script to run inside the guest OS of a processed VM, it is required that you have Microsoft PowerShell 3.0, .Net Framework 4.0 and Exchange Server 2013 (or later) installed on every VM for which you enable this step.
- To allow the script to verify that the services are running on the selected VM, the VM must run Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (or later).