Assigns geographical locations to Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure components.
Platform: VMware, Hyper-V
Product Edition: Standard, Enterprise, Enterprise Plus
Apply-VBRLocation -Object <Object> -Location <VBRLocation> [<CommonParameters>]
This cmdlet assigns geographical locations to Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure components.
Specifies the array of the infrastructure components. The cmdlet will assign a location to these components.
Accepts the following types:
Specifies the location you want to assign to the infrastructure components.
This cmdlet supports Microsoft PowerShell common parameters. For more information on common parameters, see the About CommonParameters section of Microsoft Docs.
This example shows how to assign a selected location to a backup repository and an ESXi host.
You will need to perform the following steps:
- Get the infrastructure components to which you want to assign a location:
- Run Get-VBRBackupRepository to get the backup repository. Save the result to the $rep variable.
- Run Find-VBRViEntity to get the ESXi host. Save the result to the $esxi variable
- Get the location you want to assign to the infrastructure components. To do this, run Get-VBRLocation and save the result to the $loc variable.
- Run Apply-VBRLocation to assign the location.
$rep = Get-VBRBackupRepository -Name "North Repository"
$esxi = Find-VBRViEntity -Name team.support.north
$loc = Get-VBRLocation -Name "ABC North"
Apply-VBRLocation -Objects $esxi, $rep -Location $loc