Configuration Tracking and Alert Correlation
This report helps you keep an eye on configuration changes that were made in your virtual environment and to track alerting activity across a time range.
The Configuration Tracking and Alert Correlation report analyzes virtual infrastructure configuration changes, provides detailed information on changes performed within the reporting period and helps track the most frequently changed configuration properties. The report also analyzes the number of alerts triggered during the reporting period, so that you can see correlation between the performed configuration changes and triggered alerts.
Date/time Selection: defines the time period to analyze in the report.
Group changes by: defines whether data in the report will be grouped by Date or Property.
Order objects by: defines whether data in the report will be sorted by Name or Number of changes.
Scope: defines a list of Groups or Objects that will be analyzed in the report.
The Add Group option returns a Group and all objects that a group contains. The Add Object option returns only the selected object.
Properties: defines configuration properties for which the report will track changes. The list of available properties will depend on the selected scope.
Track configuration changes concerning compute resources (CPU and memory) allocated to a group of virtual machines. Analyze how these changes influenced the number of alerts raised in your virtual environment during this week.
- Open the Configuration Tracking and Alert Correlation report.
- From the From list, select This Week > Monday. From the To list, select This Week > Friday.
- From the Group changes by list, select Property.
- From the Order objects by list, select Name.
- In the Scope section, include the necessary virtual machines in the report.
Click Add Object. By default, the Filter Options are configured to include only Veeam MP objects. Click the Class column header to sort the search results by class. Choose the necessary VMs in the list, click Add and click OK.
- In the Properties field, select:
VMware Virtual Machine: CPU Count
VMware Virtual Machine: CPU Limit MHz
VMware Virtual Machine: CPU Reservation MHz
VMware Virtual Machine: CPU Shares
VMware Virtual Machine: Memory Allocation MB
VMware Virtual Machine: Memory Limit MB
VMware Virtual Machine: Memory Reservation MB
VMware Virtual Machine: Memory Shares
- Click Run to view the report.
In the Summary section, the report will display the following charts:
- The Top 5 most changing properties chart will show 5 most frequently changed properties
- The Number of changes and alerts by day chart will show day-by-day of configuration changes performed and the number of alerts raised
The details section will provide the following information for each VM included in the report scope:
Name of the changed property.
The last specified property value.
Number of Changes
The number of times the property was changed.
For each registered property change, the report will also provide the date of change, old and new property values.