Restore Operator Activity
The report provides information on restore operations performed across the selected Veeam Backup & Replication servers.
The Restore Operator Activity report can be used to trace user activity concerning operations performed across the selected Veeam Backup & Replication servers:
- Application item restore (including replica failover, VM files restore, Instant VM Recovery and VM virtual disks restore)
- Full VM restore
- Guest files restore
To run the Restore Operator Activity report, you must have Veeam Management Pack for Microsoft System Center installed.
Date/time Selection: defines the time period to analyze in the report.
Aggregation Type: defines whether the data in the report will be aggregated Hourly, Daily or Weekly.
Scope: defines a list of Veeam Backup & Replication servers that will be analyzed in the report (by default, the Veeam Backup Server Group is selected).
The Add Group option returns a Group and all objects that the group contains. The Add Object option returns only the selected object.
Users: defines backup administrators or restore operators whose restore activity need to be analyzed.
The list of users may be empty in case no changes were made since Veeam management packs were imported.
Restore Type: defines the type of restore (Application Item Restores, Full VM Restore, Guest Files or All) to include in the report.
Find out what users restored full VMs during this week.
- Open the Restore Operator Activity report.
- From the From list, select This Week > Monday. From the To list, select This Week > Friday.
- From the Aggregation Type list, select Daily.
- Leave the Scope section without changes.
- In the Users list, select the necessary backup administrators or restore operators.
- In the Restore Type list, select Full VM Restore.
- Click Run to view the report.
The report will provide information on Full VM Restore for the specified users.
The Summary doughnut chart will display total number of restore operations performed by each user during the past week.
The Restore Statistics chart will show the number of Full VM Restore performed on each week day.
The details table will provide the following details:
Type of performed restore operation.
Name of the restored VM.
Restore point to which the VM, file or application item was restored.
Number and names of restored objects.
Restore destination path.
Date and time when the restore operation was performed.
Status of the completed restore operation.