vCenter. Performance History
This report aggregates historical data and shows amount of CPU utilization and memory allocation for vCenter Server processes across a time range. The report helps you identify vCenter Server performance issues.
The vCenter. Performance History report is a linked report that is based on the Veeam Performance Report from the Veeam Report Library.
The report features a predefined list of vCenter Server performance counters. The object picker control for the report scope has a predefined filter which limits selection to Objects of the VMware vCenter Server class and Groups that include objects of the VMware vCenter Server class.
Data Aggregation: defines the aggregation period (Hourly or Daily).
Date/time Selection: defines the time period to analyze in the report.
Histogram: defines the type of values shown on the x-axis of the chart.
Split into sections by: defines whether the sections will be split by vCenter Servers, selected groups/objects, or counters.
Chart Options: defines the type of an object for which a separate chart will be displayed. The list of available options depends on the Split into sections by value.
Scope: defines a list of Groups or Objects to analyze in the report. The Add Group option returns a Group and all objects that a group contains (with all performance counter instances). The Add Object option returns only the selected object.
Counters: defines collection rules for performance counters to analyze in the report.
Report on CPU utilization by the vCenter Server processes during this week to make sure that there are sufficient resources for running vCenter Server processes.
- Open the vCenter. Performance History report.
- From the Data Aggregation list, select Daily.
- From the From list, select This Week > Monday. From the To list, select This Week > Friday.
- From the Histogram list, select No.
- In the Split into sections by list, select VMware vCenter Server.
- In the Scope section, click Add Object. Click Search and select the necessary vCenter Server. Click Add and click OK.
- In the One chart for list, select Counter.
- In the Counters list, select Process\% Processor Time (Veeam vCenter: Collect vCenter Service % Processor Time).
- Click Run to view the report.
The report will show how the percentage of CPU usage has changed for the selected vCenter Server during the week.
The table will detail daily values for CPU usage (sample count, average, minimum, maximum, and standard deviation values).
You can click the Instance: vpxd link in the output table to drill down to the Veeam Performance Details Report.