Veeam Performance Details Report
This report aggregates historical data and shows performance counter values for selected infrastructure objects over time.
The Veeam Performance Detail Report extends the functionality of the Microsoft Generic Report library by adding the following advanced features:
- Performance trend: the report calculates the performance trend based on analyzed historical values.
- Detail values: the report table shows daily/hourly values for rules analyzed in the report.
- Drilling-down to performance details: you can drill down to data collected for specific objects/performance counter instances that are included into report scope.
Data Aggregation: defines the aggregation period (Hourly or Daily).
Date/time Selection: defines the time period to analyze in the report.
Histogram: defines the type of values shown for the x-axis of the chart.
If you set the Histogram parameter to a value other than No, the report chart will not display the performance trend series.
Objects: Defines settings for chart series, performance counters and Objects or Groups to report on.
Report on the number of user connections to the SQL Server for the previous day to reveal when your SQL Server is being used more and less during the day.
To follow the usage instructions, you must have the SQL Server Monitoring Management Pack installed.
- Open the Veeam Performance Details Report.
- From the Data Aggregation list, select Hourly.
- From the From list, select Yesterday. From the To list, select Today.
- Make sure that the Histogram parameter is set to No. Otherwise, the report chart will display no series for the performance trend.
- In the Objects section, click Change to open the Settings window.
- Click New Series.
- To select a performance counter that will be associated with the series, click Browse in the Rule section. In the Select rule window, open the Search By Counter tab; from the Performance object list, select SQLSERVER : General Statistics and click Search. In the Available items list, select the SQL User Connections rule and click OK.
- Click Add Object. In the Add Object window, click Options. In the Options window, click Add. In the Class Name search box, enter DB engine and click Search. Select the SQL DB Engine class in the list of search results, click Add and click OK. In the Options windows, click OK to apply the filter. In the Add Object window, click Search. The search will return a list of objects that belong to the SQL DB Engine class. Select the necessary SQL server in the list, click Add and click OK.
- Click OK to go back to the report parameters.
- Click Run to view the report.
The report will detail how the number of user connections to the SQL Server has changed during the day.
The chart will include separate series for minimum, maximum, average number of user connections, standard deviation, and performance trend.
The table will show the following values for every hour: sample count, average, minimum, maximum, and standard deviation values.