Veeam Performance Report
This report aggregates historical data and shows performance counter values for selected infrastructure objects over time.
The Veeam Performance Report extends the functionality of the Microsoft Generic Report library by adding the following advanced features:
- Three levels of detail: the report can show aggregate data for performance counter instances of all selected objects, aggregate data for all instances of the same object, and display values for a specific instance of an object.
- Detail values: the report table shows daily/hourly values for rules, objects, and performance counter instances analyzed in the report.
- Chart display options: the report allows using random colors for separate series to make it easier to read the chart where several series belong to the same group.
Data Aggregation: defines the aggregation period (Hourly or Daily).
Date/time Selection: defines the time period to analyze in the report.
Histogram: defines the type of values shown on the x-axis of the chart.
Show on Chart: defines what types of average values will be displayed as series on the chart (Group average values, Object average values, Instance average values).
Objects: defines settings and style for charts and chart series, performance counters and Objects or Groups to report on.
The Add Group option returns a Group and all objects it contains (with all performance counter instances). The Add Object option returns only the selected object.
Chart Colors and Labels: defines whether chart series will be drawn in fixed or random colors and whether reference labels will be displayed on the chart.
Report on free space in SQL Server transaction log files to analyze how the amount of free space has changed and decide if database recovery model or backup plan should be adjusted or if other corrective changes should be applied.
To follow the instructions, you must have the SQL Server Monitoring Management Pack installed.
- Open the Veeam Performance Report.
- From the Data Aggregation list, select Daily.
- From the From list, select This Week > Monday. From the To list, select This Week > Friday.
- From the Histogram list, select No.
- In the Show on Chart list, select Object average values.
- In the Objects section, click Change to open the Settings window.
- Click New Chart and enter the name of the chart in the Chart title field. Click New Series and define the series color and style.
- To select a performance counter that will be associated with the series, click Browse in the Rule section. In the Select rule window, open the Search By Counter tab; from the Performance object list, select SQL Server : Database : DB Log File and click Search. In the Available items list, select the Collect DB Log File Free Space (%) rule and click OK. Make sure the All instances option is selected.
- Click Add Object. In the Add Object window, click Options. In the Options window, click Add. In the Class Name search box, enter log file and click Search. Select the SQL DB Log File class in the list of search results, click Add and click OK. In the Options windows, click OK to apply the filter. In the Add Object window, click Search. The search will return a list of objects that belong to the SQL DB Log File class. Select the necessary objects in the list, click Add and click OK.
- Click OK to go back to the report parameters.
- From the Chart colors and labels list, select Random colors, no reference labels on the chart.
- Click Run to view the report.
The report will show how the amount of free space in the log files has changed during the selected time interval.
The chart will display a separate series for each log file.
The table will detail daily values of the log file free space (sample count, average, minimum, maximum, and standard deviation values).
You can click performance rules in the output table to drill down to the Veeam Performance Details Report.