This report aggregates historical data and shows datastore cluster performance statistics across a time range.
The Datastore Cluster. Usage History report is a linked report that is based on the Veeam Performance Report from the Veeam Report Library.
The report features a predefined list of datastore space and datastore usage performance counters. The object picker control for the report scope has a predefined filter which limits selection to Objects of the VMware Datastore Cluster class and Groups that include objects of the VMware Datastore Cluster class.
Data Aggregation: defines the aggregation period (Hourly or Daily).
Date/time Selection: defines the time period to analyze in the report.
Histogram: defines the type of values shown on the x-axis of the chart.
Split into sections by: defines whether the sections will be split by datastore clusters, selected groups/objects, or counters.
Chart Options: defines the type of an object for which a separate chart will be displayed. The list of available options depends on the Split into sections by value.
Scope: defines a list of Groups or Objects to analyze in the report. The Add Group option returns a Group and all objects that a group contains (with all performance counter instances). The Add Object option returns only the selected object.
Counters: defines collection rules for performance counters to analyze in the report.
Report on the amount of free space for all datastores in your virtual infrastructure for this week.
- Open the Datastore Cluster. Usage History report.
- From the Data Aggregation list, choose Daily.
- From the From list, choose This Week > Monday. From the To list, choose This Week > Friday.
- From the Histogram list, choose No.
- In the Split into sections by list, select VMware Datastore Cluster.
- In the Scope section, click Add Group. Click Search and select all datastore clusters. Click Add and click OK.
- From the Counters list, select VMDatastoreCluster\freeGB (DSCLUSTER.Collect.freeGB).
- In the One chart for list, select Counter.
- Click Run to view the report.
The report will show how the amount of free space (in GB) has changed for the selected datastores during the week.
The table will detail daily values for free space (sample count, average, minimum, maximum, and standard deviation values).
You can click datastore names in the output table to drill down to the Veeam Performance Details Report.