Browsing, Searching and Viewing Items
You can use Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint to view the contents of a backup file, view object properties, open files, search for sites and for items in a backup file as well as customize criteria of your search.
Searching for Sites
You can use keywords to search for sites in the database structure containing your SharePoint objects. To do this, enter a search query in the search field at the top of the navigation pane.
To remove a keyword, click the cross mark.
To view the contents of a backup file, you use the navigation pane which shows you the database structure containing your site items such as libraries and subsites.
After you select an object in the navigation pane, you can see its content in the preview pane.
To view object properties, right-click an object in the preview pane and select View properties.
To open a document using an associated application, right-click a document in the preview pane and select Open.
The search mechanism allows you to find items matching specified search criteria.
To search for required items, do the following:
- In the navigation pane, select an object in which you want to find data.
- Enter a search query in the search field at the top of the preview pane.
Consider the following:
- You can use double quotes to find the exact phrase. For example, "media player".
- You can narrow search results by specifying various search criteria using the criteria:value format. For more information about search parameters, see this section of REST API Reference. For example, status:pending approval.
- You can use logical upper-cased operators such as AND, OR and NOT along with wildcard characters such as * and ?.
- meeting AND from:firstname.lastname@example.org — returns objects that include both specified keywords.
- meeting OR from:email@example.com — returns objects that include one of the specified keywords.
- NOT from:firstname.lastname@example.org — excludes objects specified by a keyword.
- hasattachments:compar* — returns all objects that contain an attachment and the attachment name is started with compar.
- ?all — returns all objects that contain the specified keyword with any alphabet in the first position.
The Advanced Find mechanism allows you to define your search criteria more precisely.
For example, to find an object that starts with the word Video, do the following:
- In the preview pane, select a node and click Advanced Find on the ribbon.
- In the Define search criteria section, select Category > Document fields.
- From the Field list, select File Name.
- From the Condition list, select starts with.
- In the Value field, specify a file name.
- Click Add to List and then click Start.
To remove a filter, click the cross mark next to it. To remove all configured filters, click Reset.