This section lists system requirements for Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
For more information about supported versions of Microsoft Exchange, see:
Consider the following:
- To work with database files, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange requires a dynamic link library ese.dll supplied with Microsoft Exchange. The ese.dll file must be of the same version as that of Microsoft Exchange in which database files were created.
- To restore mailbox items from a server running Microsoft Windows ReFS, the Veeam backup server or a management console must be installed on the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or later.
- To restore mailbox items from a server running Microsoft Windows ReFS 3.x, the Veeam backup server or management console must be installed on a machine that runs Microsoft Windows Server 2016 or later, and the ReFS version must be supported on this machine.
- To restore data that was backed up by Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v1.5 using PowerShell, make sure to install Windows PowerShell 2.0 or later.
- Restore of mailbox datastore from backups created by Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.0 or later requires integration with Veeam Backup & Replication to be set up. For more information, see the Using with Veeam Backup & Replication section of the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows User Guide.