Step 4. Perform Restore
After you have selected the files and folders, you can restore them to their original location or download to your computer.
To restore the backed up items:
- Open the Restore List tab.
- In the objects list, select the necessary files and folders.
- At the top of the list, choose a restore action:
- To overwrite the original objects on the remote computer with the objects restored from the backup, click Restore > Overwrite.
- To save the objects restored from the backup next to the original objects on the remote computer, click Restore > Keep.
Veeam Service Provider Console will add the RESTORED- prefix to the restored file or folder name and save it in the same location where the original file resides.
- To save the restored objects on your computer, click Download.
In the Download Files window, specify credentials of a local administrator account on the computer hosting Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and click Verify.
Veeam Service Provider Console will save the ZIP archive with restored files to the default download location on your computer.
Veeam Service Provider Console will start the selected restore session. After you start the restore, you can view restore session details in the Session Log section.
- If you want to restore other objects using different restore action, repeat steps 2–3 for all the objects you want to restore.
If you do not want to restore an object, click Remove from Restore List to remove selected object from the list.
For details on how to perform restore for Veeam Agent for Linux and Veeam Agent for Mac, see the following sections of the Guide for Service Providers: