In addition to managing backup infrastructures and data protection operations with Veeam Service Provider Console, you can leverage its Veeam Cloud Connect capabilities. The solution allows you to expose cloud repository and cloud host resources to client companies. As a result, companies have an option to store on cloud repositories backups created with Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam backup agents, or replicate their VMs to cloud hosts. You, as an MSP, can track the amount of cloud resources that client companies consume, and charge for the consumed resources.
Consider the following scenario: as an MSP, you plan to provide managed backup and recovery services for physical and virtual client environments. Your backup solution kit includes Veeam Backup & Replication to protect virtual environments, and Veeam backup agents to protect data on other platforms.
Client companies need an option to store backups in the cloud that is managed by a provider. You want to use Veeam Service Provider Console to provide managed backup services, and expose cloud repository resources using solution inbuilt cloud capabilities.
You plan to charge for cloud repository resources consumed by client companies.
To follow instructions provided for this scenario, you should use an environment with two logical sites:
- Management site is a location where the Veeam Service Provider Console is deployed. This site also hosts cloud storage resources.
- Client site is a location where the client infrastructure resides. This site includes computers and VMs that will be protected with Veeam backup agents and Veeam Backup & Replication.
The management and client sites normally belong to different networks, separated by WAN links. However, for evaluation, these sites can be parts of the same network.
To follow instructions provided in this evaluation case, complete the following prerequisites:
- Deploy Veeam Service Provider Console as described in Deployment.
- Perform initial configuration as described in Before You Begin: Initial Configuration.
- This evaluation scenario is based on the two scenarios described earlier in this document, and complements them with cloud-based capabilities. Before you begin, make sure you have already performed steps described in Scenario A. Centralized Management of Veeam Backup Agents and Scenario B. Management and Monitoring of Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Make sure that on the Veeam Cloud Connect server, you have a backup repository with an amount of space sufficient to store client backups.
To walk through this scenario, perform the following steps: