Step 1. Configure Subscription Plan
To calculate the cost of managed backup services provided to a company, you must create a subscription plan. A subscription plan acts as a price sheet: it describes how much you, as a service provider, will charge for each service, and includes additional details, such as the payment currency, tax and discount amounts.
In this scenario, you will create a subscription plan and specify the following settings for it:
- Charge rate for a managed VM protected with Veeam Backup & Replication: $10
- Monthly flat rate for providing managed backup services, performing ongoing backup and restore operations: $50
- Currency: USD
To create a subscription plan:
- Follow steps 1–5 as described in Configure Subscription Plan section.
If you have already ran through Scenario A. Centralized Management of Veeam Backup Agents, select the existing plan and click Edit.
- At the General Services step of the wizard, specify charge rate 50 for managed services.
- At the Managed Backup step of the wizard, specify charge rate 10 for a managed VM.
- Follow other steps of the wizard without changing any values.
For details on subscription plans, see section Managing Subscription Plans of the Guide for Service Providers.