To calculate the cost of backup services provided to a company, you must create a subscription plan. A subscription plan acts as a price sheet: it describes how much you, as a service provider, will charge for each service, and includes additional details, such as the payment currency, tax and discount amounts.
In this scenario, you will create a subscription plan and specify the following settings for it:
- Charge rate for a managed workstation computer protected with Veeam backup agent: $10
- Charge rate for a managed server computer protected with Veeam backup agent: $12
- Monthly flat rate for providing managed backup services, performing ongoing backup and restore operations: $50
- Currency: USD
To create a subscription plan:
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Availability Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Subscription Plans.
- Click New.
- At the Plan Info step of the wizard, specify a subscription plan name: My Company Plan.
- At the Currency step of the wizard, choose USD as the payment currency and VAT as the tax type.
- At the Managed Backup step of the wizard, specify charge rates:
- Managed services: 50
- Workstation agent: 10
- Server agent: 12
- Follow other steps of the wizard without changing any values.
For more information about subscription plans, see Managing Subscription Plans.