Step 2. Register Account for Managed Company
You must register an account for each client company to which you will provide managed backup services. A company account stores client details and information about a subscription plan assigned to a company.
In this scenario, you will create a client company and assign to it a subscription plan created at the Configure Subscription Plan step.
To create an account for a managed company:
- At the top left corner, click Exit Configuration.
- In the menu on the left, click Companies.
- Click New. The New Company wizard will open.
- At the Company Info step of the wizard, specify the company name and contact details.
The email address you specify at this step will be used for communication with users within the company. At this address, Veeam Service Provider Console will send email notifications intended for the company. For trial purposes, you can specify in this field an email address that belongs to you, so that you can check notifications sent from Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the Company Type step of the wizard, select Native.
- At the User Info step of the wizard, type credentials for a user account.
Client users will use this account to connect to Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the Billing step of the wizard, select the subscription plan that you created at the Configure Subscription Plan step.
The company will be charged in accordance with this subscription plan.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, select the Send welcome email notification to the client when I click finish check box.
- After you click Finish, Veeam Service Provider Console will send a welcome email notification at the email address that you specified at the Company Info step.
This notification is intended for the client company and includes instructions for getting started with Veeam Service Provider Console. If you specified your email address for evaluation purposes, open your mail box and check what the notification looks like.
For details on companies, see section Managing Companies of the Guide for Service Providers.