Integration with Veeam Backup & Replication
If you plan to use Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 5.0 with Veeam Backup & Replication, you must install Veeam Backup & Replication 11 on the Veeam backup server.
You can also use Veeam Backup & Replication to manage Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows on computers in your infrastructure. Within the Veeam Agent management scenario, you can remotely deploy Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows to your computers, as well as configure and manage Veeam Agent backup jobs in Veeam Backup & Replication. To learn more, see the Veeam Agent Management Guide.
The current guide covers subjects related to Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows operating in the standalone mode.
You can store backup files created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows on backup repositories managed by Veeam Backup & Replication. To do this, you must select a backup repository as a target location in the properties of the Veeam Agent backup job. To store Veeam Agent backups, you can use a simple backup repository or a scale-out backup repository.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows works with the backup repository as with any other target location. Backup files are stored to a separate folder; you can perform standard restore operations using these files.
Information about Veeam Agent backups stored on the backup repositories, backup jobs and sessions becomes available in the Veeam Backup & Replication console:
- The Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows backup job is displayed in the list of jobs in Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Backup files created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows are displayed in the list of backups, under the Backups > Disk node.
- Performed job sessions are available in the History view of Veeam Backup & Replication.
Backup administrators working with Veeam Backup & Replication can perform a set of operations with Veeam Agent backups:
- Perform data protection operations: copy Veeam Agent backups to secondary backup repositories and archive these backups to tape.
- Perform restore operations: restore individual files and folders, application items; restore computer disks and convert them to the VMDK, VHD or VHDX format; restore Veeam Agent backups to Microsoft Azure, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud or to Hyper-V VMs.
- Perform administrative tasks: disable and delete Veeam Agent backup jobs, remove Veeam Agent backups and so on.