You can use Veeam Explorers to restore application items from backups created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows. Veeam Backup & Replication lets you restore items and objects from the following applications:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
The procedure of application-item restore from Veeam Agent backups differs depending on the type of the backup repository that you use to create Veeam Agent backups.
- For Veeam Agent backups created in a Veeam backup repository, the procedure of application-item restore does not differ from the same procedure for VM backups. To learn more, see the Restoring Application Items section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- For Veeam Agent backups created in a cloud repository, you can perform application-item restore using the backup console on the tenant Veeam Backup & Replication server. To learn more, see Restoring Application Items from Cloud Repository.
If you use Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows to create backups in a cloud repository, you can restore data from such backups using the backup console on the tenant Veeam Backup & Replication server.
To restore application items from a cloud repository:
- In the tenant Veeam Backup & Replication console, locate the necessary Veeam Agent backup.
- Open the Veeam Backup browser.
- In the Veeam Backup browser, browse for the database file of the application whose items you want to restore (DIT, EDB, MDF etc.).
- Double-click the database file to open the corresponding Veeam Explorer.
- Use the Veeam Explorer to restore application items you need.
To learn more about application item restore from a cloud repository, refer to this Veeam KB article.