Working with Microsoft Windows File Explorer
You can use Microsoft Windows File Explorer to work with restored files and folders:
- On the ribbon of the Veeam Backup browser, switch to the Home tab and click Mount to Console to mount the Veeam Agent computer disks to the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
- To open Microsoft Windows File Explorer, do the following:
- Click Open in Explorer on the Veeam Backup browser ribbon or right-click the necessary folder and select Explorer.
- Click File Explorer in the Start menu of the machine where Veeam Backup & Replication console is installed. Browse to the C:\VeeamFLR\<machinename>\<volume n> folder where the disks of the machine are mounted and find the necessary files.
The Mount to Console button is not available if the mount point is already created on the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
It is recommended that you use Microsoft Windows File Explorer only to view file content, not to restore files. For file restore, use Veeam Backup browser. This browser has the following advantages:
- You can browse the Veeam Agent computer file system ignoring the file system ACL settings.
- You can preserve permissions and ownership during file-level restore.
If you open the Veeam Agent computer file system in Microsoft Windows Explorer, these capabilities are not available. For more information, see Microsoft Docs.