For Server edition of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, you can specify guest processing options. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows offers the following guest processing options:
- Application-aware processing. You can create transactionally consistent backups of servers running applications that support Microsoft VSS. Application-aware processing guarantees that you can perform restore from Veeam Agent backups without data loss.
- Pre-freeze and post-thaw scripts. You can use pre-freeze and post-thaw scripts to quiesce applications that do not support Microsoft VSS.
- Transaction log truncation. You can set up the backup job to truncate transaction logs after the job successfully completes.
- Transaction logs backup for Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle. You can set up the backup job to back up transaction logs from servers running Microsoft SQL Server and archived logs of Oracle database systems.
- File system indexing. You can set up the backup job to create a catalog of files and folders on the Veeam Agent computer OS. If you use Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows with Veeam Backup & Replication, you will be able to search for individual files in Veeam Agent backups and perform 1-click restore in Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
File system indexing is optional. If you do not enable this option in the backup job settings, you will still be able to perform 1-click restore from the Veeam Agent backup. For more information, refer to the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager User Guide at: https://www.veeam.com/documentation-guides-datasheets.html.