To back up your data, you must configure the backup job. The backup job defines how, where and when to back up data. You can choose one of the following backup types:
- Backup of an entire computer image
- Backup of specific computer volumes, for example, a system volume or secondary volume
- Backup of individual folders, for example, documents folder or folder with music
Before configuring the backup job, check prerequisites. Then use the Configure Backup wizard to define settings for the backup job.
- Launch the Configure Backup wizard.
- Select the backup mode.
- Specify backup scope.
- Select backup destination.
- Specify backup storage settings.
- Specify advanced backup settings.
- Specify backup cache settings.
- Specify guest processing settings.
- Specify the backup schedule.
- Review backup job settings.
- Perform finalizing actions.