To back up your data, you must configure a backup job. The backup job defines how, where and when to back up data. You can choose one of the following backup types:
- Backup of an entire computer image
- Backup of specific computer volumes, for example, a system volume or secondary volume
- Backup of individual folders, for example, documents folder or folder with music
Before configuring a backup job, check prerequisites. Then use the New Backup Job wizard to define settings for the backup job.
- Launch the New Backup Job wizard.
- Specify the job name and description.
- Select the backup mode.
- Specify backup scope.
- Select backup destination.
- Specify backup storage settings.
- Specify advanced backup settings.
- Specify backup cache settings.
- Specify guest processing settings.
- Specify the backup schedule.
- Review backup job settings.
- Perform finalizing actions.