Amazon S3 Settings
If you have selected to store backup files in the Amazon S3 storage, specify the following settings:
The Account step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to save backup files in object storage.
To connect to the Amazon S3 storage, specify the following:
- In the Access key field, enter the access key ID.
- In the Secret key field, enter the secret access key.
- From the AWS region drop-down list, select the AWS region based on your regulatory and compliance requirements. By default, Veeam Agent uses the Global region.
The Bucket step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to save backup files in object storage and specified account settings to connect to the storage.
Specify settings for the bucket in the storage:
- From the Data center drop-down list, select the geographic region where Veeam Agent will store backups.
- In the Bucket field, specify a bucket in the storage:
- Select the Browse option.
- In the Select Bucket window, do the following:
- Double-click the region name or click the arrow to the left of the region name to view the list of available buckets.
- Select the necessary bucket and click OK.
- In the Folder field, specify a folder in the bucket:
- Select the Browse option.
- In the Select Folder window, do the following:
- Double-click the bucket name or click the arrow to the left of the bucket name to view the list of available folders.
- Select the necessary folder and click OK.
You cannot select a folder that is managed by the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
If necessary, you can create a new folder. To do this, click the New Folder option in the Select Folder window.
- In the Retention policy field, specify the number of restore points or days for which you want to store backup files in the target location. By default, Veeam Agent keeps backup files for 7 days.
To use the GFS (Grandfather-Father-Son) retention scheme, select the Keep certain full backups for archival purposes check box and click Configure. In the Configure GFS window, specify how weekly, monthly and yearly full backups must be retained. To learn more, see Long-Term Retention Policy.
- To protect recent backups from modifications, select the Make recent backups immutable for <N> days check box and specify the number of days for which you want to keep your backups immutable. By default, Veeam Agent keeps backups immutable for 30 days. To learn more, see Backup Immutability.
If you use the GFS retention scheme and enable immutability for a backup, the restore points with GFS flags become immutable for the whole GFS retention period. You will not be able to delete such restore points till the end of the GFS retention period.
- Click Advanced to specify advanced settings for the backup job. To learn more, see Specify Advanced Backup Settings.
After that, Veeam Agent will create a new repository in the cloud storage where you can store backups.