If you have the Veeam backup infrastructure deployed in the production environment, you can use Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows together with Veeam Backup & Replication.
If you plan to use Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 3.0.2 with Veeam Backup & Replication, you must install Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4 or later on the Veeam backup server.
Tasks with Veeam Backup & Replication
This and subsequent sections describe tasks with Veeam Backup & Replication available for Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows operating in the standalone mode. For information about tasks available in Veeam Backup & Replication within the Veeam Agent management scenario, see Veeam Agent Management Guide.
Veeam Backup & Replication lets you perform a number of additional data protection and disaster recovery tasks, as well as administrative actions with Veeam Agent backups. You can:
Data protection tasks
- Create Veeam Agent backups on backup repositories
- Create Veeam Agent backups on Veeam Cloud Connect repositories
- Copy Veeam Agent backups to secondary backup repositories
- Archive Veeam Agent backups to tape
- Restore files and folders from Veeam Agent backups
- Restore application items from Veeam Agent backups
- Restore disks from Veeam Agent backups
- Import Veeam Agent backups
- Enable and disable Veeam Agent backup jobs
- Delete Veeam Agent backup jobs
- Remove Veeam Agent backups
- View Veeam Agent backup statistics