The protected endpoint must meet the following requirements:
CPU: x86-64 processor.
Memory: 2 GB RAM.
Disk Space: 150 MB for product installation.
Network: 1 Mbps or faster*.
System firmware: BIOS or UEFI.
Drive encryption: Microsoft BitLocker (optional)**.
* High latency and reasonably unstable WAN links are supported.
** Only Microsoft BitLocker is supported for drive encryption. Other drive encryption products are not supported.
Both 64-bit and 32-bit (where applicable) versions of the following operating systems are supported*:
* Server Core installations of Microsoft Windows Server OSs are not supported.
* Microsoft Failover Clusters are not supported.
** Microsoft Windows 10 Education is supported starting from build 10586 and higher.
Microsoft Windows FAT, NTFS, ReFS file systems are supported.
The following required 3rd party software is included in the setup program and is installed automatically when installing the product:
If you plan to use Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows with Veeam Backup & Replication, you must install Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 2 on the Veeam backup server.
Microsoft SQL Database
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB Edition (installed with the product).
Backup can be performed to the following disk-based storage:
- Local (internal) storage of the protected computer (not recommended).
- Direct attached storage (DAS), such as USB, eSATA or Firewire external drives.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) able to represent itself as SMB (CIFS) share.
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 2 backup repository*.
- Veeam Cloud Connect 9.5 Update 2 cloud repository.
* Backup to HPE StoreOnce storage appliances is not supported.
* Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows needs to resolve the Veeam backup server name or IP address. Thus, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows cannot work with Veeam Backup & Replication that is located behind the NAT gateway.