The protected endpoint must meet the following requirements:
CPU: x86-64 processor.
Memory: 2 GB RAM.
Disk Space: 150 MB for product installation.
Network: 1 Mbps or faster*.
System firmware: BIOS or UEFI.
Drive encryption: Microsoft BitLocker (optional)**.
* High latency and reasonably unstable WAN links are supported.
** Only Microsoft BitLocker is supported for drive encryption. Other drive encryption products are not supported.
Both 64-bit and 32-bit (where applicable) versions of the following operating systems are supported*:
* Consider the following:
** Microsoft Windows 10 Education is supported starting from build 10586 and higher.
*** Veeam CBT driver is supported only if update KB3033929 is installed on the Veeam Agent computer.
Microsoft Windows FAT, NTFS, ReFS file systems are supported.
The following required 3rd party software is included in the setup program:
When installing the product, the setup program checks whether all prerequisite software is available on the target computer. If some of the required software components are missing, the missing software is installed automatically.
If you plan to use Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows with Veeam Backup & Replication, you must install Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 3 or later on the Veeam backup server.
Microsoft SQL Database
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB Edition (installed with the product).
Backup can be performed to the following types of storage:
- Local (internal) storage of the protected computer (not recommended).
- Direct attached storage (DAS), such as USB, eSATA or Firewire external drives, and raw device mapping (RDM) volumes.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) able to represent itself as SMB (CIFS) share.
- Storage Area Network (SAN), such as iSCSI connected volumes.
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 3 or later backup repository*.
- Veeam Cloud Connect 9.5 Update 3 or later cloud repository.
- Microsoft OneDrive storage (for Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, 8.x and 10).
* Advanced integration with HPE StoreOnce storage appliances via the HPE StoreOnce Catalyst technology is not supported. If you want to use an HPE StoreOnce storage appliance as a backup repository, please use it as a CIFS share.
* Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows should be able to establish a direct IP connection to the Veeam Backup & Replication repository server. Thus, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows cannot work with Veeam Backup & Replication that is located behind the NAT gateway.