The protected endpoint must meet the following requirements:
CPU: x86-64 processor.
Memory: 2 GB RAM.
Disk Space: 150 MB for product installation.
Network: 1 Mbps or faster*.
System firmware: BIOS or UEFI.
Drive encryption: Microsoft BitLocker (optional)**.
* High latency and reasonably unstable WAN links are supported.
** Only Microsoft BitLocker is supported for drive encryption. Other drive encryption products are not supported.
Both 64-bit and 32-bit (where applicable) versions of the following operating systems are supported*:
* Small Business Server and Server Essentials editions of Microsoft Windows Server OSs are supported. Server Core installations of Microsoft Windows Server OSs are not supported.
* Windows Embedded / Windows IoT OSs are not supported.
* Microsoft Failover Clusters are supported for Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows managed by Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows operating in the standalone mode does not support Microsoft Failover Clusters.
** Microsoft Windows 10 Education is supported starting from build 10586 and higher.
*** Veeam CBT driver is supported only if update KB3033929 is installed on the Veeam Agent computer.
Microsoft Windows FAT, NTFS, ReFS file systems are supported.
The following required 3rd party software is included in the setup program and is installed automatically when installing the product:
If you plan to use Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows with Veeam Backup & Replication, you must install Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 3 on the Veeam backup server.
Microsoft SQL Database
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB Edition (installed with the product).
Backup can be performed to the following types of storage:
- Local (internal) storage of the protected computer (not recommended).
- Direct attached storage (DAS), such as USB, eSATA or Firewire external drives.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) able to represent itself as SMB (CIFS) share.
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 3 backup repository*.
- Veeam Cloud Connect 9.5 Update 3 cloud repository.
- Microsoft OneDrive storage
* Backup to a Veeam backup repository that uses an HPE StoreOnce storage appliance as a back-end is not supported.
* Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows needs to resolve the Veeam backup server name and IP address. Thus, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows cannot work with Veeam Backup & Replication that is located behind the NAT gateway.