Before you start the installation process, check the following prerequisites:
- The computer on which you plan to install Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows must satisfy system requirements specified in this document. To learn more, see System Requirements.
- You must run the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows setup file under the Administrator account or any user account that has Administrator privileges on the computer where you plan to install the product.
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows requires the following components:
- Microsoft SQL Server System CLR Types
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Management Objects
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP4 Express LocalDB Edition
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
If these components are not pre-installed on the computer, the setup will install them during the product installation process.
- The product program files are placed to the %ProgramFiles%\Veeam\Endpoint Backup folder on the system volume. Make sure that you have enough free space on the system volume to install the product. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows requires at least 150 MB.
- [Recommended] If you want to configure a scheduled backup job with default settings after the installation, you must prepare a USB storage device.
- [Recommended] If you want to create a recovery image of your computer on a USB storage device, CD/DVD/BD or make an ISO image, prepare the necessary device/media or make sure that you have enough free disk space in the target location. On average, the size of the created recovery image is 500 MB.
During the recovery image creation, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows formats the removable storage device. If you have important information on the device, create a copy of this data in some other location.