You can create a standalone full backup in a separate location that is not specified as a target location in the backup job settings. Performing backup to another location is similar to creating regular standalone full backups. The main difference is that you must manually select a target location in which Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows will save the backup file.
Before you perform backup to another location, check the following prerequisites:
- The backup job must be configured.
- You cannot perform backup to another location if a backup task of any type is currently running. This includes a scheduled backup, standalone full backup, active full backup or ad-hoc incremental backup.
To perform backup to another location:
- Right-click the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows icon in the system tray.
- Select Backup > Backup to another location.
- In the standalone full backup dialog window, specify the target location for the backup file:
- If you want to save the backup file in a folder on a local drive or a removable storage device, click Browse and select the necessary folder or type a path to the folder where backup file must be saved.
- If you want to save the backup file in a network shared folder, type a UNC name of the network shared folder. Keep in mind that the UNC name always starts with two back slashes (\\). If the network shared folder requires authentication, specify a user name and password of the account that has access permissions on this shared folder. The user name must be specified in the DOMAIN\USERNAME format.
- Click Backup.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows will create a full backup file using settings of the scheduled backup job. The resulting full backup file will be saved in a separate folder in the specified location. The folder is named in the following way:
Backup Job <ComputerName>.adhoc.<DateandTime>.