Step 6. Specify Secure Restore Settings
At the Secure Restore step of the wizard, you can instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to perform secure restore — scan restored disk data with antivirus software before restoring the disk. To learn more about secure restore, see the Secure Restore section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
To specify secure restore settings:
- In the Content scan section, specify the following:
- For Veeam Backup & Replication version 12.1:
- To use antivirus software as a scan engine, select the Scan the restore point with an antivirus engine check box. For more information on antivirus scan, see the Antivirus Scan (Secure Restore) section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- To use a YARA rule as a scan engine, select the Scan the restore point with the following YARA rule check box and choose a YARA rule from the drop-down list. By default, the YARA rules are located in the folder by the following path: C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\YaraRules.
- For Veeam Backup & Replication version 12.0, select the Scan the restored disk for malware prior to performing the recovery check box.
- Instruct Veeam Backup & Replication what to perform in case malware is found:
- Select Proceed with recovery if you want to continue the recover process, despite the found malware threat.
- Select Abort disk recovery if you want to stop the recovery process after the first malware threat is found.
- In the Scan options section, select the Continue scanning all remaining files after the first occurrence (Scan the entire image — for Veeam Backup & Replication version 12.0) check box if you want the antivirus software to continue volume scan after the first malware threat is found. For information on how to view results of the antivirus scan, see the Viewing Malware Scan Results section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.