The Secure Restore step of the wizard is available if you export disks from a Veeam Agent backup of a Microsoft Windows machine.
At this step of the wizard, you can instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to perform secure restore — scan restored disk data with antivirus software before restoring the disk. To learn more about secure restore, see the Secure Restore section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
To specify secure restore settings:
- At the Secure Restore step of the wizard, select the Scan the restored disk for malware prior to performing recovery check box.
- Instruct Veeam Backup & Replication what to perform in case malware is found:
- Select Proceed with recovery if you want to continue the recover process, despite the found malware threat.
- Select Abort disk recovery if you want to stop the recovery process after the first malware threat is found.
- Select the Scan the entire image check box if you want the antivirus software to continue disk scan after the first malware threat is found. For information on how to view results of the antivirus scan, see the Viewing Antivirus Scan Results section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.