Adding PDs to Backup Job
If you want to select a protection domain instead of individual VMs, do the following:
- At the Virtual Machines step of the wizard, click Add on the toolbar.
- In the Add Objects window, select the Dynamic mode check box.
- Click + on the left of the cluster name to expand the list of protection domains.
- From the list of protection domains, select one protection domain and click Add.
To quickly find the necessary protection domain, you can use the search field at the top of the Select objects field.
- [Optional] If you want to exclude some VMs from processing, do the following:
- At the Virtual Machines steps of the wizard, click Exclusions on the toolbar.
- In the VM name contains field, specify a string value to filter the VMs.
You can use the following wildcard characters: * and ?. Note that you cannot specify multiple conditions separated by comma, the filter supports only one condition.
- Click Ok to save the exclusions setting.
If you delete a VM from the protection group added to a backup job, the backup job will not process this VM on next runs.
- [Optional] If you want to exclude some VM disks from processing, do the following:
- On the wizard window, click Exclusions.
- In the Exclusions window, open the Disks tab.
- Select the protection domain and click Edit.
- In the Select Disks window, click Selected disks and then click Add.
- In the Add Disks window select the bus type or volume groups that you want to include and select the disks.
Select the disks that you want to process, not the disks that you want to exclude. AHV Backup Proxy will process the disks that you have selected.