Backing Up Configuration Settings
You can back up the configuration database of Veeam Backup for RHV. Periodic configuration backups reduce the risk of data loss and minimize the administrative overhead if any problem with the backup servers occurs. Veeam Backup for RHV retrieves data from the configuration database, writes this data into a set of JSON and DAT files and archives them to a ZIP file. The default naming scheme for the configuration backup file is config_Rhv_Name-DD_MM_YYYY_HH_MM_SS.zip.
Veeam Backup for RHV backs up information about the following objects:
- backups created by Veeam Backup for RHV
- backup jobs created by Veeam Backup for RHV
- events performed job sessions and configuration changes
- Veeam Backup for RHV appliance settings
If Veeam Backup for RHV fails for some reason, you can re-deploy it and quickly restore its configuration from the configuration backup file. For more information, see Restoring Configuration Settings.
To back up the configuration database of Veeam Backup for RHV, do the following:
- At the main panel of the web console, click and select Appliance Settings.
- At the Summary tab of the Appliance Settings section, click Config Backup.
- In the Configuration Backup window:
- Select items that you want to back up:
- Common: configuration settings, added RHV hosts, Veeam Backup & Replication servers, backup jobs, and so on.
- Events: list of events and event details.
- In the Protect passwords in exported files field, specify a password which will be used to decrypt saved files.
- In the Password hint field, specify a reminder that will help you remember your password if you forgot it.
- Click Download. A configuration backup file will be downloaded to your machine.