If you have backups of RHV VMs created by another instance of Veeam Backup for RHV, you can import these backup files to the current instance. Once imported, you can use the backups to restore VMs and VM disks.
When you import backups from a backup repository, Veeam Backup for RHV rescans the repository and removes information about manually deleted backups from the database.
You cannot import backups from unsupported backup repository types. This can affect imports from backup copy jobs. For the list of supported backup repository types, see Configure Backup Repository.
To import RHV VM backups, do the following:
- Transfer the backups to the required backup repository. Veeam Backup for RHV must have access to this repository.
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, rescan the repository. For more information, see the Rescanning Backup Repositories section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- At the main panel of the Veeam Backup for RHV web console, click and select Manage Backup Server.
- Select the required Veeam Backup & Replication server from the list of backup servers.
- Click the Import backups button and then Proceed to confirm the action. Veeam Backup for RHV will scan the backup repositories and import all compatible backups of RHV VMs.
Once the backups are imported, click the Protected VMs at the main panel of the web console. You will see imported backups labeled with the icon.
If you want to see the status of the import, select the Events tab at the main menu.