Restoring Configuration Data
You can restore the configuration database of the RHV backup proxy, which can be helpful in the following situations:
- The configuration database got corrupted, and you want to recover data from a configuration backup.
- You want to roll back the configuration database to a specific point in time.
- You deployed a new RHV backup proxy and want to apply the configuration from the old proxy configuration backup.
To restore the configuration database, do the following:
- Click the Settings icon at the top right corner of the RHV backup proxy web console and select Appliance Settings.
- On the Summary tab, click Configuration Restore to launch the Configuration Restore wizard.
- At the Configuration File step of the wizard, browse to the necessary backup file and provide a password that was used to encrypt the file when backing up the configuration.
- At the Network Settings step of the wizard, choose whether you want to use the existing network settings saved in the backed-up configuration or to configure new network settings for the restored configuration.
If you change the RHV backup proxy network settings, you must update the RHV backup proxy configuration in the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review the configured settings and click Finish to start the restore process.