Restoring Configuration Settings
In Veeam Backup for RHV, you can restore backup-ed configuration settings only when you deploy a new Veeam Backup for RHV instance.
To restore configuration settings, do the following:
- Import a VM from Veeam Backup for RHV disk image to RHV host as described in Import VM from Disk Image.
- Log in to the Veeam Backup for RHV web console as described in Log in to Veeam Backup for Red Hat Virtualization Web Console.
- In the Install-Restore wizard, select the Restore option.
- At the End User License Agreement step of the wizard, accept the terms of license agreement.
- At the Configuration File step of the wizard, select the configuration file from internal storage. The default naming scheme for the configuration backup file is config_rhv_name-DD_MM_YYYY_HH_MM_SS.zip.
Before uploading the configuration backup file, the wizard will request you to enter the password that you have specified when backing up the configuration.
- At the Credentials step of the wizard, specify credentials that will be used to log in to the web console. You can use existing credentials from the configuration backup or you can assign new credentials.
- At the Network Settings step of the wizard, specify hostname and network settings for Veeam Backup for RHV VM. You can use the existing settings from the configuration backup or you can configure new settings.
If you change the appliance host name, you must re-add the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, click Finish. The wizard will redirect you to Veeam Backup for RHV web console with restored settings.