Enabling SSH on RHV Backup Proxy VM
For security reasons, SSH is disabled on the RHV backup proxy by default. However, you can enable it for manual management or troubleshooting purposes:
- Log in to the Red Hat Virtualization Administration Portal.
- In the main menu, navigate to Compute > Virtual Machines.
- Select the VM where the RHV backup proxy is deployed.
- Click Console on the toolbar to download a Virt Viewer VV file.
- Launch the file to connect to the VM console.
If you have no application to open the file, click the arrow next to the Console button. In the Console options window, click Console Client to see the guidelines on how to get and install the Virt Viewer application.
- Log in to the VM console using the credentials of the user account that you specified at the Specify Credentials step of the New Red Hat Virtualization Proxy wizard.
- In the VM console, execute the following command:
sudo ufw allow ssh