Appendix B. Upgrading Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV 1.0
Before upgrading Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV to Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV 3a, create a configuration backup for rollback in case of necessity. For that doing the following
- Click the gear icon on the main menu and select Appliance Settings.
- At the Summary tab of the Appliance Settings section, click Configuration Backup.
- Select both Common and Events, input password and click Download.
To upgrade from Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV 1.0 to AHV Backup Proxy 3a, do the following:
- Make sure the proxy appliance VM is turned on before you start the upgrade process.
- Upgrade Veeam Backup & Replication to version 11a (build 22.214.171.1241 or later). For more information, see Upgrading to Veeam Backup & Replication 11 or 11a section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- On the Veeam Backup & Replication server, install Nutanix AHV Plug-In.
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, add Nutanix AHV cluster to the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure.
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, add AHV Backup Proxy. At the Deployment Mode step of the New Nutanix Proxy wizard, select the Connect proxy option. With this option, you can register the existing proxy appliance of Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV 1.0.
Note that in the Virtual Machine step of the wizard, you must specify the number of vCPU core, RAM size, and the number of concurrent tasks. Otherwise, the AHV Backup Proxy VM will have the default configuration: 4 concurrent tasks, 4 vCPU, 4 GB RAM
After you add AHV Backup Proxy, it will be automatically upgraded to version 3a. All the configuration settings (AHV backup proxy settings, jobs, events) will be automatically saved and transferred to the new AHV Backup Proxy.