Upgrading to Veeam Backup & Replication 12
To perform upgrade of Veeam Backup & Replication to version 12, you must be running version 10a (build 10.0.1.4854) or later on the supported operating system (refer to the System Requirements section of this document). For information on upgrade from earlier versions, see this Veeam KB article.
Before you upgrade Veeam Backup & Replication, check prerequisites. Then use the Veeam Backup & Replication upgrade wizard to install the product.
- Start the upgrade wizard.
- Select the component to upgrade.
- Read and accept the license agreement.
- Review the components that will be upgraded.
- Provide a license file.
- Specify service account settings.
- Specify the database engine and instance.
- Perform the configuration check.
- Begin upgrade.
After you upgrade Veeam Backup & Replication, perform the finalizing steps.
To correctly upgrade Veeam Backup & Replication in the unattended mode, perform the following steps:
- When upgrading Veeam Backup & Replication in the unattended mode, most of the system checks that are performed during the manual upgrade are omitted. Therefore, before performing the upgrade in the unattended mode, make sure that you have checked all the prerequisites specified in the Upgrade Checklist. Also ensure that all the components of your infrastructure correspond to the System Requirements.
- Install a later version of the product in the unattended mode. You must connect to the configuration database that was used by the previous product version.
For information on how to install Veeam Backup & Replication in the unattended mode, see Installing Veeam Backup & Replication in Unattended Mode.