Connecting VMware vSphere Servers
To collect data about VMware vSphere infrastructure objects, you must configure connections to VMware vSphere servers. Only connections to vCenter Servers are supported.
It is a requirement that Orchestrator has connections to the following vCenter Servers:
To configure a connection to a vCenter Server:
- Log in to the Orchestrator UI as an Orchestrator Administrator. For more information, see Accessing Orchestrator UI.
Only Administrators are allowed to add and remove vCenter Server connections.
- Switch to the Administration page.
- Navigate to VMware vCenter Servers.
- Click Add.
- In the Add VMware vCenter Server window:
- In the Name field, enter a DNS name or an IP address of the vCenter Server that will be connected to the Orchestrator server.
- In the User and Password fields, specify credentials of a user account for connecting to the server. The user name must be specified in the DOMAIN\USERNAME format.
- If required, you can change the port number used for communication with the server.
- Click Add.
If an untrusted security certificate is installed on the vCenter Server, you will get a security warning. You can view the certificate and click Remember and Continue — in this case, Orchestrator will remember the certificate thumbprint and will further trust the certificate when connecting to the server. Otherwise, you will not be able to add the server.