The Run action causes VMs in a plan to recover from their backup files. For more information on the data recovery process, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Data Recovery.
If the Veeam Backup & Replication server that protects plan VMs becomes unavailable, the plan will fail to complete successfully. However, in case the repository that stores the required backup files is still available, you will be able to work around the issue. To do that, connect the repository to any other Veeam Backup & Replication server added to the Orchestrator infrastructure, and perform the rescan operation for this repository.
To run a restore plan:
- Log in to the Orchestrator UI as an Orchestrator Administrator or Plan Operator. For more information, see Accessing Orchestrator UI.
- Navigate to Orchestration Plans.
- Select the plan. From the Launch menu, select Run.
Click the plan name to switch to the Plan Details page, and click Run.
- Complete the Run Plan wizard:
- [This step applies only if you have not enabled the plan before running it]
At the Plan Disabled step, select the Enable this Plan check box to enable the plan. You will not be able to proceed with the wizard unless you select the check box.
- For security purposes, at the Enter Credentials step, retype the Orchestrator Administrator or Plan Operator password.
- At the Recovery Location step, select a location to which VM groups included in the plan will be restored.
For a recovery location to be displayed in the list of available recovery locations, it must be created and included into the list of plan components available for the scope, as described in section Managing Recovery Locations.
If the selected recovery location includes multiple hosts, datastores and networks, Orchestrator will use the round-robin algorithm to restore VMs added to the plan. For more information, see How Orchestrator Processes Resources.
Recovering data from the archive tier is not supported. If you select the Use most recent Restore Point before option, make sure to choose a restore point that is stored in either the capacity or the performance tier. For more information on Veeam Backup & Replication tiering options, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Scale-Out Backup Repository.
- [This step applies only if you have any other orchestration plans scheduled to run after the plan completes]
At the Chained Plans step, select the Also execute the chained plans check box to proceed to execution of subsequent plans after the current plan enters the RESTORED state.
- At the Latest Readiness Check step, review the results of the most recent readiness check run for the plan to make sure the plan can complete successfully.
- At the Summary step, review configuration information and click Finish.
The plan goal is to reach the RESTORED state. If any critical error is encountered, the plan will stop with the HALTED state. To learn how to work with HALTED restore plans, see Managing Halted Plans.