Connecting Storage Systems
It is a requirement that you must connect the following NetApp and HPE storage systems to Orchestrator:
- An active storage virtual machine that will be the source of the SVM disaster recovery relationship.
- An active storage virtual machine that will be the destination of the SVM disaster recovery relationship.
- An active storage system that will be the primary system of the remote copy configuration.
- An active storage system that will be the secondary system of the remote copy configuration.
To connect an HPE storage system, you must first enable the HPE 3PAR Web Services API (WSAPI) server running on the storage system. For more information, see Enabling HPE 3PAR Web Services API Server.
To connect a storage system to Orchestrator:
- Log in to the Orchestrator UI as an Orchestrator Administrator. For more information, see Accessing Orchestrator UI.
Only Administrators are allowed to add and remove connections to storage systems.
- Switch to the Administration page.
- Navigate to Storage Systems.
- Click Add.
- Complete the Add Storage System wizard:
- At the Storage Vendor step, choose whether you want to connect a NetApp or an HPE storage system.
- At the Name step, use the Name and Description fields to enter a DNS name or an IP address of the storage system that will be connected to the Orchestrator server, and to provide a description for future reference.
The maximum length of the location name is 64 characters; the following characters are not supported: * : / \ ? " < > | .
- At the Credentials step, in the User and Password fields, specify credentials of a user account for connecting to the storage system. For more information on the required account permissions, see Permissions.
If required, you can change the port number used for communication with the system.
If an untrusted security certificate is installed on the storage system, you will get a security warning. You can view the certificate and click Remember and continue — in this case, Orchestrator will remember the certificate thumbprint and will further trust the certificate when connecting to the storage system. Otherwise, you will not be able to proceed with the wizard.
- At the Summary step, review the connection details and click Finish.
After you connect a storage system to Orchestrator, you must include the system in a storage recovery location (either new or already existing) so that Orchestrator can use this storage system when executing and testing storage plans. To learn how to include target storage systems in storage recovery locations, see Adding Storage Recovery Locations.