Using Runtime Parameter Variables
Orchestrator allows you to pass runtime variables into the script.
In our example, the folderName custom parameter has been added recently, and it is required to specify a default value for it. Set a custom variable as the default value as follows:
- Log in to the Orchestrator UI as an Orchestrator Administrator. For more information, see Accessing Orchestrator UI.
- Switch to the Administration page.
- Navigate to Plan Steps.
- In the Steps column, select the script step and click Edit.
- Complete the Edit Custom Script Step wizard:
- At the Step Parameters step:
- In the Step Parameters column, select the parameter.
- In the Parameter Details column, click the Edit button next to the Default Value field.
- In the Edit Parameter Value window, in the list of available variables, double-click the value you want to assign to the parameter, and click Save.
- At the Affected Plans step, review the list of plans that will be updated to reflect the changes made to the step parameters.
- At the Summary step, review the configured settings and click Finish.
For more information on parameter variables that you can pass into a script, see Appendix. Orchestration Plan Steps.