To start failback for a plan in the FAILOVER state:
- Log in to the Orchestrator UI as an Orchestrator Administrator or Plan Operator. For more information, see Accessing Orchestrator UI.
- Navigate to Orchestration Plans.
- Select the plan. From the Launch menu, select Continue.
Click the plan name to switch to the Plan Details page, and click Continue.
- Complete the Run Plan wizard:
- For security purposes, at the Enter Credentials step, retype the Orchestrator Administrator or Plan Operator password.
- At the Progress Plan step, select the Failback option.
- At the VM Recovery Location step, select a location to which VM groups included in the plan will be recovered.
For a recovery location to be displayed in the Available Recovery Locations list, it must be created and included into the list of plan components available for the scope, as described in section Managing Recovery Locations.
Orchestrator will perform failback taking into account all settings configured for the location — except Instant VM Recovery and backup copy preference. By design, those 2 settings are always disabled during failback operations, both for the Original VM Location and for custom recovery locations.
If you want to fail back to a new recovery location and the selected location includes multiple hosts, datastores and networks, Orchestrator will use the round-robin algorithm to recover VMs added to the plan. For more information, see How Orchestrator Processes Resources.
- [This step applies only if you have selected the Original VM Location]
At the Quick Rollback step, choose whether you want to instruct Orchestrator to compare disks of VM replicas and source VMs and to synchronize changed data blocks only — this may help you speed up the failback process significantly. However, it is not recommended to select the Run quick rollback option in case failover was caused by a hardware problem or power outage — this may lead to unexpected data loss.
For more information on the quick rollback process, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Quick Rollback.
- At the Restore VM Tags step, choose whether you want the recovered VMs to have the same tags as the source VMs.
- At the Switchover step, choose whether you want to switch from VM replicas to the source VMs immediately or to synchronize the VM disks without actually performing failback.
If you select the Prepare for Failback option, Orchestrator will switch from VM replicas to the source VMs when you run the plan next time.
- At the Summary step, review configuration information and click Finish.