The Run action causes VMs in a plan to fail over to their replicas. For more information on the replica failover process, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Replica Failover.
To run a replica plan:
- Log in to the Orchestrator UI as an Orchestrator Administrator or Plan Operator. For more information, see Accessing Orchestrator UI.
- Navigate to Orchestration Plans.
- Select the plan. From the Launch menu, select Run.
Click the plan name to switch to the Plan Details page, and click Run.
- Complete the Run Plan wizard:
- [This step applies only if you have not enabled the plan before running it]
At the Plan Disabled step, select the Enable this Plan check box to enable the plan. You will not be able to proceed with the wizard unless you select the check box.
- For security purposes, at the Enter Credentials step, retype the Orchestrator Administrator or Plan Operator password.
- At the Restore Point step, choose a restore point that will be used to recover VM replicas.
- [This step applies only if you have any other orchestration plans scheduled to run after the plan completes]
At the Chained Plans step, select the Also execute the chained plans check box to proceed to execution of subsequent plans after the current plan enters the FAILOVER state.
- At the Latest Readiness Check step, review the results of the most recent readiness check run for the plan to make sure the plan can complete successfully.
- At the Summary step, review configuration information and click Finish.
The plan goal is to reach the FAILOVER state. If any critical error is encountered, the plan will stop with the HALTED state. To learn how to work with HALTED replica plans, see Managing Halted Plans.