Resetting Storage Plans
After you run a storage plan and it acquires the FAILOVER state, you must reset the state of the plan if you are willing to run it again (for example, to perform failback). The Reset action returns the plan to the DISABLED state and updates the Orchestrator database to reflect the changes made to the location of VMs included in the plan. The configuration of plan steps and their parameter settings in this case remain the same.
You may also require to reset the state of a storage plan if the plan becomes inconsistent with the virtual environment. This will return the plan to the DISABLED state, without making any changes to the external virtual infrastructure.
To reset the state of a storage plan:
- Log in to the Orchestrator UI as an Orchestrator Administrator, Plan Author or Plan Operator. For more information, see Accessing Orchestrator UI.
- Navigate to Orchestration Plans.
- Select the plan. From the Manage menu, select Reset.
Right-click the plan name and select Manage > Reset.
- Complete the Reset Plan wizard:
- For security purposes, at the Enter Credentials step, retype the Orchestrator Administrator, Plan Author or Plan Operator password.
- At the Quick Check step, select the Perform a Quick Check after reset is complete check box to run a readiness check to confirm that the changes are valid.
- At the Summary step, review configuration information and click Finish.