Working with Orchestration Plans
Orchestrator uses the failover and data recovery functionality provided by Veeam Backup & Replication to automate recovery actions. In addition, Orchestrator provides vSphere VM recovery orchestration based on replicated storage snapshots created on NetApp and HPE storage systems. For these purposes, Orchestrator offers 5 types of orchestration plans:
- Replica plans — consist of vSphere VMs that should be failed over to replicas.
- CDP replica plans — consist of vSphere VMs that should be failed over to continuous data protection (CDP) replicas.
- Restore plans — consist of vSphere VM and Veeam agent backups that should be recovered to a VMware vSphere environment.
- Storage plans — consist of VMs that store their files on vSphere datastores backed by replicating NetApp and HPE storage systems.
- Cloud plans — consists of vSphere VM and Veeam agent backups that should be recovered to a Microsoft Azure cloud environment.
Orchestration plans are based on inventory groups. For more information on inventory groups, see Managing Inventory Groups.
To see the full list of discovered inventory groups, navigate to Inventory. You can select any inventory group and click Create Plan to create an orchestration plan that will have the selected group preselected in the list of groups to recover.
Orchestration plans can be scheduled and chained to execute in sequence, and Orchestrator will automatically produce and update detailed documentation. Execution of orchestration plans is simplified to allow simultaneous management of multiple plans that contain hundreds of machines.