Veeam VMware: System and Hardware Health Manager Service Health Alarm
This monitor tracks the VMware System and Hardware Health Manager Service Health Alarm.
By default, the alarm is triggered by the following event:
- vim.event.HealthStatusChangedEvent: Health status of the VMware System and Hardware Health Manager Service changed.
Check that the VMware System and Hardware Health Manager Service can access data stored in vCenter Server databases, and that the configured service account has a permission to access host hardware information. Check vCenter logs for event details. For more information on troubleshooting with logs, see VMware Docs.
For more information on the issue, see these VMware KB articles:
- vCenter Service Status page alerts: Unable to retrieve health status (KB2008664)
- VMware vCenter Service health alert generated in vRealize Operations Manager 5.x (KB2037405)
- vCenter Service status displays cannot access the health service when using default SSL certificates (KB2031299)
- vCenter Service Status reports the error: Unable to retrieve health data http://old.hostname:10443/secure/health (KB2009934)
- The vCenter Inventory Service displays the alert: Unable to retrieve health data from $@ (KB2016424)
See the Help Center for more information including reference lists of all Rules and Monitors and full set of User Guides for the Veeam MP for VMware.
See the VMware Online Documentation for more information on VMware vSphere, in particular: