Step 2. Configure OpsMgr Agent Proxy Settings
OpsMgr agents running on Hyper-V hosts must be granted the privilege to insert new objects into OpsMgr as the Hyper-V topology is discovered. This is known as Proxying.
To grant this privilege, do the following:
- Open the OpsMgr console using an account with Administrator permissions.
- Go to the Administration pane.
- Select the Device Management > Agent Managed node.
- In the right pane, double-click OpsMgr agent running on a Hyper-V host to open the Agent Properties dialog.
- Switch to the Security tab and make sure the Allow this agent to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers check box is selected.
- Click OK. Wait several minutes for the setting change to propagate through the system.