The Ops Mgr agent running on Hyper-V hosts must be granted the privilege to insert new objects into Ops Mgr as the Hyper-V topology is discovered. This is known as Proxying.
To grant this privilege, do the following:
- Open the Ops Mgr console using the account with administrative rights.
- Go to the Administration section.
- Select the Device Management > Agent Managed node.
- In the right pane, for each Ops Mgr agent running on a Hyper-V host, double-click to open Agent Properties dialog.
- Go to the Security tab and make sure the Allow this agent to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers check box is selected.
- Click OK. Allow several minutes for the setting change to propagate through the system.