Installing on Gateway Server
To install Veeam MP for Hyper-V on an OpsMgr Gateway Server:
- Import Veeam management packs on an OpsMgr Management Server as described in Installing on Management Server.
At the Program features step of the Veeam Management Pack Setup wizard, select only Veeam management packs: Hyper-V MPs, Backup MPs (optional, if you have Veeam Backup & Replication in your environment).
- Log on to the Gateway Server using an account with local Administrator permissions.
- Download the latest version of the Veeam MP for Microsoft System Center installation image from the Download Veeam products page. Mount the installation image to the machine on which you plan to install Veeam MP for Hyper-V or burn the image file to a flash drive or other removable storage device.
After you mount the installation image or insert the installation disc, the setup will open the splash screen with Veeam Management Pack installation options.
- Install the Remote Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service.
For successful installation of the Remote Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service, the OpsMgr console must be installed on the Gateway Server.
- In the Veeam MP ISO, navigate to Veeam MP Veeam MP 9.0/Resource Kit/RemoteVES and run the VeeamVES64 file.
The Veeam Virtualization Extentions for System Center wizard will open. Click Next to proceed.
- At the License Agreement step, read and accept the license agreement. If you reject the agreement, you will not be able to continue installation.
- At the Provide License step, click Browse to locate the .lic file supplied to you by Veeam. You will not be able to continue installation without providing a license.
- At the Destination Folder step, select the installation directory.
- At the Port Selection step, specify the TCP port that will be used by the VE Service (by default, 8084).
For the full description of ports used by Veeam MP for VMware and their default values, see Network Protocols and Ports.
- At the Service Credentials step, enter credentials of an account under which the VE Service will run. Use the DOMAIN\USERNAME format to specify the user name.
For more information on accounts and privileges, see Required Permissions.
- At the Ready to Install step, click Install to begin installation.
- Install the Veeam UI as described in Installing on Management Server.
At the Program features step of the Veeam Management Pack Setup wizard, select only Veeam Virtualization Extentions UI.
- Establish a connection to the remote Operations Manager SDK.
- On the machine where you installed Veeam MP for Hyper-V, navigate to Start > All Apps and locate Veeam Management Pack for System Center.
- The web interface will open in the default browser. Enter valid credentials and the Veeam UI will be displayed as shown below.
- Switch to the Hyper-V Servers tab and, in the Configuration pane, click Remote OM SDK.
- In the Remote OM SDK window, select the Enabled check box.
In the Hostname field, enter a FDQN of the machine where OpsMgr is installed.
In the Username and Password fields, enter credentials of an account with Operations Manager Administrator permissions.
- Click OK.
Keep in mind that Veeam MP for Hyper-V deployment process continues even after all management packs are imported.
Depending on the OpsMgr infrastructure performance, it may take several hours for reports and SQL Server stored procedures to be deployed to the OpsMgr reporting server. This is why some widgets may not function and reports may not be visible in the OpsMgr console during this period.