No Hyper-V hosts appear in the Ops Mgr console.
Hyper-V hosts might not be visible in Ops Mgr due to discovery issues, SDK connection issues or problems with the Ops Mgr agent on Hyper-V hosts.
Open the Veeam Web UI and check if hosts are displayed on the Hyper-V Servers tab. If no hosts are shown:
- Check whether there are enough licensed sockets remaining.
- Click the Update monitored Hosts link. This will force the Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service to update the list of recently discovered hosts.
- Click the Test OM SDK Connection link to check SDK connection between the Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service and Ops Mgr.
If the SDK connection is unavailable, check whether the System Center Data Access Service is running on the Management Server. Also, make sure that the account used to run the Virtualization Extensions Service has the Operator or Author role assigned in Ops Mgr.
- Check that Veeam Hyper-V MPs have been imported and discoveries are not disabled.
- Check that proxy settings are enabled for Ops Mgr agents on Hyper-V hosts. For details, see Step 2. Configure Ops Mgr Agent Proxy Settings.
- Restart Ops Mgr service Microsoft Monitoring Agent on Hyper-V hosts to force discovery:
- In Ops Mgr 2012 R2, restart Microsoft Monitoring Agent Service
- In Ops Mgr 2012 SP1, restart System Center Management Service